Make sure your terminal is connected to the network (UTP cable) and in the power supply (power cable). Make sure that the terminal is also connected to your computer (via serial port) or via USB port (with RS232 cable).
1) On the terminal, press Stop > OK > Menu to open the terminal menu.
2) Press 3. Terminal Setup > 10. Next (0 on the keypad).
3) Press 9. Engineer only. The Single Technician password is 1235789, then press OK.
4) Press 4. Hardware setting.
5) Press 2. ECR Protocol.
6) Check the ECR Protocol. If it is not yet on CTEP, choose Modify/Change in the upper right corner.
7) Press 9. CTEP. Press OK twice. The bancontact terminal will now restart and is ready for use.